SUNSHINE AND SHADOW

LILY RASKIND/SUNSHINE AND SHADOW
Currently inspiring you...
I'm loving the Louise Bourgeois Fabric Works book. It's getting me really inspired to work on some quilt ideas. Also, Sheila Hicks 50 Years. Matthew just picked up an amazing book on Kuramata and Sottsass that's completely mind blowing. Someday we'll have one of Kuramata's vases...

Favorite designers...
Phoebe Philo for Celine is too good, Carven, and Isabel Marant. I love the lace blouses from her wild west Fall show. It's also exciting to watch the Opening Ceremony team bring Kenzo back to life. And always Dries Van Noten.

Wardrobe staples...
I've been into basics these days- button downs, jeans, a sweater, and Clarks desert boots. Pretty boring, really. This weather needs to change and maybe I'll snap out of it too. I wear a gold chain from my mom every day.

Beauty products...
I'm pretty minimal when it comes to makeup- mascara, blush, and sometimes lipstick. I'm trying to do more lipstick. And nail polish.

Dinner is...
A roast chicken, pearled barley (inspired by you!) with shitakes and scallions, and steamed green chard with lemon. This is a good leftovers meal.

Next up... 
Working on a home line..






9 comments:

bigBANG studio said...

thanks for leaving the sweet note about the kinfolk article- so glad you loved it! lovely collection of shots around here. glad i stopped by. xo

flora bloom said...

So beautiful, I love all the indoor plants! I have been slowly trying to build up my own plant collection. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tiffany said...

So happy to see her again. I have a S & S dress from four or five years ago that I still love. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up so I can wear it!

tanya said...

Louise Bourgeois Fabric Works is incredible. i flip through it often. Happy to have found your lovely blog.

RAY said...

This is a divine post. I love your blog and am now following! Looking forward to more posts. Would love it if you followed back.
xxxx

An/drea said...

recipe for that turkish-style pizza?

Sasha said...

this post has convinced me that i need more indoor plants.

Teresa said...

Her dinner and space looks gorgeous! Love all the potted plants in the window.

Anonymous said...

All those plants are inspiring me to buy some more for my own home! Lovely Post :)

ashley helvey at yahoo dot com